Hydrology and Water Quality
Processes studies and assessment of water quality, flow and solute transport modeling in different environmenal compartments. Tracers, hydrochemical and compartmental modeling, and other models of environmental flow dynamics are derived from hydrochemical and isotope data.
The research addresses new monitoring and modeling approaches, improved monitoring devices and techniques as well as their efficient operation, methods for data analysis and programming including AI.
Modeling and design of ecohydrological systems for remediation, flood control, retention and recharge mangagment.
We work continuously on developing new aspects of hydrological engineering.
- Water Engineering Solutions – Enhanced Nutrient Recycling in Hydrological Basins
- Water Engineering Solutions – Adaptive Drainage Systems for a Changing Environment
- Water Engineering Solutions – Adaptive Management of Alluvial Aquifers
Secure and Sustainable Access to Water
The objective is to quantify environmental and socio-economic factors and derive indicators for access to water.
Bachelor Theses for Civil and Environmental Engineers
Please contact the laboratory of hydrology for further information.
- Monitoring of groundwater dependent lakes
- Evaporation from lakes in Northern Germany
Master Theses in Environmental Engineering
Several master theses can be realized in ongoing projects.
- Basin closure – mechanisms and identification
- Isotopic fingerprints of seawater intrusion